How to Set Up Fitbit Versa
Learn how to set up Fitbit Versa with step-by-step instructions. I also cover how to change the clock face and exercise shortcuts.
How to Set Up Fitbit Versa on Android
1. Tap the Account icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
2. Tap Set Up a Device.
3. Tap Versa.
4. Tap Set Up Your Fitbit Versa.
5. Read Fitbit’s terms and policies (you’ll have to scroll down the page), then tap I Agree.
6. Note that the setup process can take 30 minutes or more (especially if your Wi-Fi is slow). Make sure your Versa is charged to at least 50%. Tap Next.
7. Connect your Versa to its charging cable and keep it charging throughout the setup process. After your Versa is charging, tap Next.
Once it is found, a green check mark should appear and you phone should start connecting to your tracker.
8. Once your phone and tracker are connected to each other, 4 numbers should appear on your Versa’s display. When prompted by your phone, enter the 4 numbers on your Versa’s display.
Now your Versa will search for nearby Wi-Fi networks. Initially the screen will not show any networks.
9. Once the Wi-Fi network you want to use is found, tap the Wi-Fi name.
10. When prompted by your phone, enter the password for your Wi-Fi Network.
11. Tap OK.
12. Tap Next.
13. Make sure your Versa is charging and close to your phone, then tap Next.
Updating your Versa to the most recent software version will take three steps. First, Versa will need to connect to Wi-Fi.
Next, it will need to use Wi-Fi to download the most recent software version. A percentage is displayed on your phone to let you know how the download is progressing.
Also, you should see a thin teal vertical bar on the left side of your Versa’s display. This is also a progress indicator, but it will not match up with the number on your phone. Eventually it will grow wider and reach the right side of the screen once it reaches 100%.
This can take 20 minutes or more. You can use your phone normally during this time, but be sure to keep it within about 10 feet of your Versa.
My phone initially showed the update failed and never showed being on Step 3 of 3. Installing… I had to tap “Try Again” and shortly after it showed my Versa was ready.
14. Once your Versa is ready, tap Continue.
15. You can remove your Versa from its charger and try it on. Tap Next.
16. If the small band is too small, you can change it to the large band. Otherwise, tap Next.
17. Now you’ll be guided through some basic navigation of your Versa. Tap Next.
18. First, you can swipe up from the bottom of your clock face to see your daily stats. Go ahead and try this on your Versa. To get back to your clock face, either swipe down to go all the way back up or press the button on the left side of the display. Tap Next.
19. From the clock face, you can swipe down to reveal notifications. You can swipe back up, to get back to your clock face, or press the left button. Tap Next.
20. Press and hold the left button to access your quick settings. These allow you to turn on or off the quick view of the display and notifications, access your Music Controls, and access your Fitbit Pay Wallet (if you have a version of the Versa that has the Fitbit pay feature). Press the left button to go back to the clock face. Tap Next.
21. From the clock face, you can swipe left to see your apps. Keep swiping left to reveal more apps. To get back to the clock face, swipe right until you’re back or press the left button. Tap Next.
22. Read Fitbit’s wear and care tips. Tap Next.
23. You can tap to learn more about the Versa. Otherwise, Tap Done.
Congratulations! Enjoy using your Fitbit Versa!